Thursday, October 17, 2013

Future Textiles

I am so intrigued by 3D printing and digital printing, i cant wait to explore it and broaden my understanding of it, and how it may change future textiles in relation to more hands on craft based textiles. After a tutorial with Jenny Lee a tutor on Textile crafts today, i went on to do some research in some of her past projects and found this posttextiles website which has a lot of graduates who challenge this concept. i cant wait to get started and further my research now.

http://postextiles.com/?p=339

This is my favourite of a collection of digital skins that Jenny Lee produced, i love the colours and aesthetic. It gives me a really great urge to touch it as well, especially some of the other pieces in the collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment